Monday, August 17, 2015

A little more on tendencies

Yesterday I asked the world what they both liked and didn't like about their habit forming tendency, but I neglected to say anything positive about mine.

Maybe that's because it's easy to think that what comes naturally to us comes naturally to everyone else and what's hard for us is a personality defect.

Because of my obliger tendency I:

  • Respect people's time
  • Am not late
  • Or call if I would be
  • Take responsibility for my actions (like scraping a car in a parking lot last week... ugh)
  • Pay bills on time
  • Am prepared
  • Think about how my actions fill affect my family
Not that other tendencies don't do these things.  In fact, I'm blessed because by in large my family and friends all are responsible, respectful people, but I attribute those qualities in myself to my obliger nature.

The key for me is to continue to nurture my positive qualities.  Obviously not everyone does all those things (exhibit A: late fees).  However, it's easy for me to let my life be taken over by petty tasks (there's always laundry to do) rather than prioritizing meaningful activities that are for my own personal development. 

No comments:

Post a Comment